Friday, September 2, 2011

Change in the wind


New stout on tap, a dry stout with 15 pounds of coffee added. I used an organic New Guinea from La Costa Coffee Roasting which lent a light fruit character and plenty of warm nutty and chocolate tones. In other happenings, my tenure as head brewer at Back Street is coming to an end soon. What will I be doing to take up my time you ask.....How about opening a new brewery of which I have vested equity? Sounds good to me too! As some might know Green Flash Brewing moved from Vista to Mira Mesa a little while back leaving a sizable brewing facility behind for an even larger one. As it would so happen, I have found my self heading the brewing operations to take this place over. The resulting company with be Latitude 33 Brewing where I will once again have the opportunity to package products for distribution to where ever there might be a demand. What will I be brewing there? There are no limits. Brew ranging from IPA to spiced red ales to barrel aged sours are already on the agenda. As we get closer to production and completing the renovations on our tasting room more will be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment