Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Choco-Orange beer..??

Released a new brew this week. For lack of creativity, it was dubbed our Summer Ale. It is a modified American blonde ale recipe with oats replacing the wheat content to add a little sweetness and body. As a twist for this brew I wanted to have it spiced with orange peels which is commonly seen in brews but I also wanted to utilize chocolate. While the two are a great combination they usually are not paired together in a beer. Instead of opting for cocoa powder or actual processed chocolate I used cocoa nibs which are roasted cocoa beans. Also in the ingredient list is locally produced honey. The ending result is a nice light colored beer with a mouth feel comparable to an English mild or pale ale that has a very distinct chocolate flavor with a slight citrus finish. I am pretty pleased with this brew although I think a second production would call for a bit more orange

No comments:

Post a Comment